2008/04/20

Spring on Jouhouji

Yesterday I went for a bike ride. I thought it might rain, but the clouds did not turn so the ride was a success.

I have not been on my bike since last November so I don't have the legs, arms, hands or back for it yet. Therefore I decided to take it easy and just road ride my bike up into the mountains.

Across the Kuzuryu River is a campground up at the 500-600m elevation (1m = roughly 1yard). The paved road that goes up is fairly steep and yes, it kicked my ass. Luckily the BCAAs I took gave me the energy to make it to the top because when I got there, I was once again able to enjoy the beautiful sakura still in full bloom at the higher altitude.

It was a 12km trip from door to campground. The trip took one hour and fifteen minutes to get up to the top, and thirty minutes to get back home. My max speed coming down the winding mountain road was 55kmh (about 30mph). The steepest part took about 50 minutes to climb, and only 10 minutes to descent so you can visualize the kind of trip it was.

Enough of the textural descriptions... Enjoy the scenery as did I.
(photos taken with my cell phone so the quality is not as good as it could be).

I love you!

Cam

No comments: