2011/02/18

The Seconds Biggest Slippers in the Multiverse!

We don't wear our outdoor shoes indoors here in Japan. There are many bebefits to this verrry practical tradition. One is the house stays much cleaner. Another is that your feet get a chance to air out. In high humidity this is especially important.

Finding slippers in Japan to fit my average size 10 north american feet is very difficult. I have had many failed attempts in the past because the common largest size is a 27cm or about 9.5 which is too small for me.

The other day I decided to search through the net for some non-winter, non-imported from NA three season slippers that would fit. I found the biggest horking slippers I have EVER seen! Even Dunnster's ginormous feet would fit into what they offer and that is saying a lot for a guy whose feet would rival those of Hagrid.

I sent him a link to the 3L size and ordered two pairs of the 2L size which are made for 29 - 32 (11-13NA). It is always good to get slippers a little bit bigger than your feet as shoe size and slipper size vary slightly. For example, several years ago I ordered some verrrry nice elkskin and shearling slippers from Cabela in the USA for $45 each (one for Mayu, one for me). The shoe size ended up being too small and we couldn't wear them. The $45 duty on each pair was a killer.

So I ordered the 2L and when they arrived I burst out laughing at the size of these babies! They are quite comfy and will be great when it is time to put away the 11 shearling deerskin LLBean slippers. Take a look at the photo. Although I am a gaijin, and as Paula will know, we gaijin have small heads and big feet, these babies are the second biggest slippers in the Multiverse!

I love you!
Cam

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: