2009/01/16

2009 is the Year of the Bull? Ox? Cow? Steak!

The other day Masaki and his mom came by, bearing gifts (and a purchase). They brought the usual rakkyou that I love, some other tsukemono (pickled cabbage), and some boiled nimono daikon. In return I gave them the omiyage I had brought back for them from Canada, namely a mountain biking magazine for Max, a box of Dare Maple Cookies for the family, and some other small things.

The other main purpose of their visit was to bring and present to me this year's eto, or the animal that represents 2009: the bull.

So, without further fanfare, and all introductions aside, I present to you yet another amazing job by Masaki Yoshita, done in washi, or Japanese paper!

(I only have one more to collect, that's next year's tiger and I'm excited because then I will have collected all 12 eto and I will have proof that I have known this best fried for longer than 12 years!)

When one of you decides to come and visit me.... I can hardly wait to show you my collection. Of course I would take you to visit Max and his family because you all know him by now and I know you would probably weep for joy when you see what they do. I make my request to the Universe and live my life as if "you" (whoever you may be) are already coming, have already made plans, and the day is yet to come when you will be "delivered unto Me"! Every day I believe this. I really really doooo!

In the meantime, enjoy what I enjoy through these photos (clicking them will take you to Flickr where you can see them even larger if you so wish).

I love you!

Cam

P.S. And I DID decide that I AM going to work in collaboration with Max and make his site, doing all the sales and stuff for him. Yep. Others do it all the time on Etsy. So, I just need photos from him.

P.P.S. The ring in the last photo is my new ring that I ordered on Etsy from "artisanlook". Ev, one of the team of three lives in Montreal and she hand delivered it to me! I had a wonderful time meeting her, and actually met her twice. If you want to see the meeting... please visit my YouTube channel and take a look. Lots of amazing, fantastic, wonderful memories were created in Montreal and not all of them were of me walking through snowstorms looking at hundreds of years old brick buildings (which were frikkin awesome! ... 1657 was the oldest one - a church. Go figure heh).

Year of the Bull/Ox/Cow Eto 1

*

Year of the Bull/Ox/Cow Eto 2

*

Year of the Bull Eto 3

*

No comments: