2010/02/19

A Tropical Getaway? That's Complete Bull!

Tonight I decided to skip my 693katsu dinner (tonkatsu=pork cutlets) after my workout and bat, come back to my station, Shinozaki, and eat at the Cheap Chinese Chain Choint above McDonalds.

Well it is fairly obvious I didn't make it to Bamiyan, by the photo you now see on your monitor. After all, what kind of host would I be if I ignored the latest guestburger, arriving today all the way from... you guessed it: Hawaii!

This burger has an interesting flavour that I cannot quite place. Egg-on-face (of burger) is nothing new to this seasoned burger/deli afficionado. But the sauce... it leaves one pondering life with the eyeballs up and to the left in the eyesockets.

Slightly but not at all coyingly sweet it left me thinking deeply about the foods and wondering exactly what the connection is. Just because the flavour is subtle and unknown to me does not mean there is a connection. I mean one might expect slices of pineapple or poi or even dolphin perhaps, in between the patties, but one would be mistaken.

I look forward to getting Matt's take on this mysterious proteinaceous neo-bovine guestburger and hope that he might perchance be able to shed some light on this burger's unplaceable gustatory sensation.

I McLove You!
(OK Sis, give it to me...)

Cam Gib Eht

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: