2010/09/27

Batter Up With Courgettes!

As I was looking for a legal term on the online dictionary.com (work-related, I swear!), the "hot word" popped up, and immediately made me chuckle as I thought of my friends Steve & Jen, one living in Dimland, and the other in New Jersey simply because the topic pops up when those two get together. No sexual innuendoes intended! Even though the story on Dictionary.com is extremely poorly written, the origin of the words is interesting, to say the least.
http://hotword.dictionary.com/woman-bear-courgette/
Here is the British version of the original story, as it ran in the Daily Mirror (UK) Tabloid talking about one great way to serve up a courgette in Montana: http://tinyurl.com/14inCourgette
As might be expected, this original story which ran in the US newspapers called the courgette by another name. And on a final note, courgettes taste great dipped in an egg/milk/flour batter and sauteed in butter in a cast iron fry pan. Or should I say "skillet"? Batter up! Har. Have a great day.
I love you!
Cam

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: