2008/11/12

Sweet Dreams Delivery Service

Today was a work day. Yes. I had work. Amazing, that there was actually something for me to do... these days, thanks to the sub-prime, and wall street collapse, work has been... scarce ... is a kind word. But today I went to a customer's business in Sabae and did some interpretation work as a very large American pharmaceutical company is planning on having a part made in their factory and wanted to do an ISO9000 audit inspection.

I think that things went fairly well, and it helped my client to become a little more global than before. They were given some observations, and suggestions on how they need to improve their ISO processes in order to meet the customer's rigid specifications for document control (that is what ISO 9000 is all about). It was an 8am to 8pm day, and I was glad to get out.

I have two videos that I plan to be making in the very near future. One... is a secret so I'll let that one be because it would spoil the fun. The other one... I think I can tell you a bit about.

I have a few videos on doing various things with futon. One describes the importance of drying out the futon as often as possible rather than letting it sit on the floor as one would a mattress. Because there is no airspace between the futon and the floor, they can get mouldy in a short matter of time. If you haven't seen this video yet, you may visit it @ Japanese Traditions: Futon Hoshi.

The other video is called No More Lonely Nights, and in that one, I introduce the futon kansoki that I sent to Jenny. She loves it as it keeps her bed toasty warm whenever she is alone on those long winter nights.

I have received a variety of comments on the Futon Hoshi video. One of them is a bit of correspondence from a Canadian Lad looking for information on how to care for the futon. Actually he wants one, but is having trouble getting them. He has found some manufacturers in the USA but the cross-border taxes make them more costly than his budget will allow. After a bit of talking, with him and with Mayu, she and I agreed that we would be more than happy to ship him one or two of our futon if he would cover the shipping, and the paypal surcharges to receive the payment. He agreed so in the next few days I am going to try to figure out how to pack a futon, and then determine what the costs will be, and let him know.

We have three or four futon and rarely use all of them. Of course we need to keep a couple here for when people come to visit, but we do not need them all. The gentleman was more than happy to accept one of our used futon.

So I thought I would just make a simple video documenting what I am doing, and tell the story so that others out there can once again see the Globalized Love Community hard at work making other people's lives even happier!

And that is what I am thinking this night as I sit here sipping hot water and slowly get a little more sleepy as the hours pass (did a heavy workout last night and then was up at 6:00 so my body is rather fatigued still...)

I hope you have a great day, whether it be sunny, rainy, snowy, windy, cloudy, morning, afternoon, evening or night!

I love you!

Cam

No comments: