2010/08/14

Feeling Good @ McDonalds

You never know what goes int a McBurger... but even if it isn't all that good, having the opportunity to share a laugh like this makes it all worth while! Wouldn't you agree, Sis?

They have a campaign for the summer where if you order an L Set you get a McStrap. Do they have that campaign where you live, Dear Reader? If they do, then you'll know why I'm doing my best to collect them. I always confuse the poor cashiers by telling them I want the L Set but not the fries. They have to ask a managerif it's OK. Of course it is as the company saves money! So in the end I get what I want. The great thing is that here we can have Japanese Sogenbicha tea instead of a soft drink so there is no sugar in the drink to kill me. Sogenbicha is a great tea made from wheat, rye (not the alcoholic version). And it is L and cold and icy so perfect for lunches on the way to Kobuchizawa.

The campaign is ending soon so I came for lunch. I needed two more straps to get all six... and I got them both today! How did I get two? Well... they made a couple of mistakes with my order but I gues my smiling friendly attitude did the trick.

I now have a BigMac, Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese, Filet-o-Fish, French Fries, Coffee, and a Hot Apple Pie!

Today I accepted the fries... I don't know why but I did. And I really am glad I did because after taking this photo of a Jr High School student "studying" with his friend, I decided to give them my fries!

And they were very happy to take them (being ravenous teenagers) and devoured them wholeheartedly.

When I was young I went downtown by myself on a weekend. In the basement of The Bay (Eatons?) there was a hot dog malt stand that I liked. I ate and drank and was just sitting on the floor. A man came and ordered two hot dogs. As he was eating one, he looked down and saw me watching him eat. ... and he gave me one of his hot dogs.

That place is no longer there but the feeling of gratitude and appreciation has never left me. To this day I continue to sharew that loving, giving heart with as many people I can, whether I know them or not.

You never know when you will have the opportunity to make someone's NOW moment. But when it comes (like giving your umbrella to someone in the rain so they stay dry) around, jump on it.

Share the love, appreciation, and gratitude for all the goodness you received while growing up and you will be really doing your part to make this a better, more loving world.

One

Person

At

A

Time.

Even at McDonalds good things can happen!

I love you.

Have a fantastic weekend!!

Cam

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: