2010/08/16

Standing Room Only

Well... as this is the peak turn-around day for Obon holidays the trains are full. I couldn't get a reserved seat for on the way home so had to buy non-reserved... Even the first class trains are completely booked.

When I got to Kobuchizawa I asked the JR guy if he would kindly check the numbers and let me know how crowded the train will be when it gets here...

I was informed that the train is over 100% capacity and that I can expect to be standing the entire two hours back to Tokyo... I guess I'll be dragging my sorry ass outta bed tomorrow morning and schlepping all this stuff to the office in the dog days of summer...

Time to zip into the handicapped toilet and change into my sauna suit --- I mean work clothes!

I love life and all the little surprises it brings (like chatting in the train with a couple traveling up here for a biking holiday carrying their folding bikes on the train).

Have a good one!

Cam

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: