2010/08/16

McFry Boy Strikes Again!

I stopped At the usual McDonald's for lunch and lots of fluids because it is hot in Shinjuku today. I got the set and one more strap (Megumi gave me her FryStrap to complete my set so I begged for fries today to give them back to her) and the french fries.

On the way up the stairs I saw three high school boys and offered them my fries but they all got that suspicious look and declined. Unfortunately that age starts to pick up the bad habits that many adults have, one of them being distrust of unknown people. Their loss.

I sat down next to a (gorgeous) mother-daughter team and started chatting the mom up. Her daughter loves fries so I gave them to her daughter.

We sat and talked, laughed and shared stories about life and experiences for half an hour (being able to carry on a natural conversation goes a long way). Gorgeous Mom asked me about my life and time here, work etc. I talked about my divorce and best friend Mayu, we discussed carbohydrates and food and how Japanese faces are getting narrower and narrower so that many kids need braces to straighten teeth these days (daughter's example) and so on. I spent another fantastic 30 minutes in McDonald's sharing the gift of happiness and creating memories for three people.

This morning I got my breakfast and lunch done. I did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, folded laundry, ironed my shirts, did some work, wrote a few emails, surfed the blogs, got some suntanning in, took half of my dress pants to the cleaners, read the newspaper, had a second shower and headed off to work.

It is a perfectly ... nice day!

Have a great one, wherever you are!

I love you!
Cam

P.S. This blog might show up as a photo and a link (Posterous posts to multiple sites a little differently with attachments), or be duplicated on my Wordpress Site... if so I hope you found the link and followed it!

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: