2009/02/17

Experiment 3258.6: Duelling Squeegees

I am always trying to find the perfect squeegee to clean the moisture off the walls, ceiling and floor of the bathroom in order to prevent mold buildup in this very humid climate. It keeps the walls amazingly shiny as well, and prevents that white calcified buildup that forms when water sits and dries of its own volition.


This one has worked well. Better than the second one, but not as good as the first one (which wore out) and far better than the 3rd one which I threw into the outside tools bin and haven't touched since. I picked this baby up at a car shop. This is the 4th one in the history of this experiment.

This squeegee, the fifth one, purchased at Komeri Home Center, sucks! The polymer used for the blade is waay too soft, it bends, doesn't slide the water well at all, and screams like a squealing pig heading for the slaughter house! You'd think it would be the cat's meow by the marketing they splashed all over the packaging! Unfortunately it's more like the cat's demise.

Actually it sounds identical to the screams that Tug used to make whenever I would take him for a bath. For some reason he loved swimming in rivers and streams, but despised (yes, that strong a word is appropriate) the shampoo bath. Washing Tug was a "joy". I always worried that the neighbours might call the police thinking we were torturing baby bunny rabbits or something...

I won't be going into the past three squeegees and digging up past failures. What's the use? All you have is EN OH DOUBLE YOU.

I love you!

Cam

P.S. I'm not kidding about the difference it makes in your bath! Even Dunnster swears by it now. It really makes a huge difference! It really really does!!

P.P.S. I wasn't dressed like this in the shower... of course... But I figured I had better not try taking any "strategic photos" with me the way I WAS in the shower, because well... you can imagine the results should they go awry.

No comments: