2009/02/19

Food for Thought

Hi! It has been a while since we posted any new content here. I had such a delicious breakfast that I just thought I would share it with YOU! I'll be posting this on the LowCarBlog that Stefnee and I work together as well because there it is health related, and that is where we keep these kinds of things as a repository so people don't have to sift through all the naked pictures of me dancing while washing my mountain bike.

Here is one of my many similar breakfasts that I cook daily. It is an ordinary breakfast to me, but it could be lunch or dinner to anyone. I know full well that most people don't have the time in the morning to create what I do, cooking a full meal (working from home has its definite advantages).

This meal consists of meat fried in olive oil, then a citrus soy-juice drizzled over, a salad with lots of tomatoes (fruit carb), two Stefnee-style steamed eggs with melted cheese on top (fried in real butter, not plastic margarine) and some salt-pickled daikon radish. I also had yogurt with frozen blueberries, and now jus realize that there is a bowl of defrosted, steamed fresh spinach still sitting in the microwave. Damn, I always do that!

When I create a meal, I don't think of creating high/low carb meals, I just make what my body wants. In most cases it tells me it wants meat, meat, meat, with some eggs, cheese, vegetables, water, and some yogurt.

By the way, in case you didn't know this, vegetables are pretty useless to humans since we can't digest cellulose (plant cell walls), unlike cows, goats, and those with five stomachs. Many people believe (brainwashed we have been) that we need the vegetables for the vitamins and minerals, but from a truly biochemical viewpoint (which nutritionists and doctors seem to be blind to, and refuse to recognize), vegetables are cellulose, and all of the "goodness" is locked up in the cell walls of the plants. And since we cannot digest the cellulose of plant matter, we can't get at the majority of those "good things". BUT, meat-based animals can. And they absorb and integrate into their cellular structure all of that goodness (vitamins and minerals) that we cannot access. Then when we eat the meat, because we CAN digest meat and proteins, and amino acids, we get all of that goodness into us. It is the natural cycle, one that nutritionists and doctors and lobbyists for agribusiness have tried to make us forget.

I won't even get into the talk about fiber and its total uselessness for us in spite of what we have been brainwashed to believe otherwise. Science has shown, and published, but not talked about in the news (of course), that high fiber leads to a LOT of complications, one of them being mineral LEACHING (i.e. taking away) from our body as the fiber absorbs and passes through unusued. The other minor annoyance is the increase of intestinal cancer, but what the hell, right? We're all going to die of cancer anyways, so it's no big deal.

Did you know that cellulose is the exact same thing as sawdust? Yes. But, I will say this: having vegetables is a nice way to break up the meal and add some other flavour, colour, shape and texture to the plate. It's really too bad that we are not designed physiologically to digest plant matter...

The only other thing I added (because I had it in the freezer) that I don't usually have is the frozen blueberries. But I saw them, and I thought, "I want them today!" So I did.

And that, dear friends, is the power of our amazing NO DIET eating lifestyle.

So, my question to those of you out there who say that "low carb meals" are too difficult to maintain is this: Is a meal like this undoable? Because it sure tasted damn good to me!

Come for a visit and let me cook for you! You won't be disappointed, and you most definitely will not go away hungry, I promise. (And I have a lot of bourbon and whiskey sitting in my liquor cabinet that I don't drink, so you can sip your way to happiness should you so desire.

I love you!

Cam

No comments: