2011/03/27

The Smallest/Narrowest Restaurant in The Multiverse

Ts3o0099

Today I cycled 15km to Jimbocho and bought the K2 Inline-Skates I looked at last weekend (finagled a 5% Discount). I also got palm/wrist, elbow, knee pads. Then I rode over to Ochanomizu Stn to exchange the train ticket for Kobuchizawa on 3/14 (earthquake etc stopped all trains so I couldn't go) but the lines are all still affected by planned power outages and JR could not issue me a ticket.

So I went to look for something to eat instead. That's a reasonable alternative, don't you think?

I found the smallest/narrowest restaurant I have ever seen. The stairs were so narrow that I had to take my pack off and my shoulders brushed both walls on the way up.

This place has been in operation since 1954 which is cool in itself. It was so narrow that when I leaned slightly back to take this photo I almost touched the guy behind me eating against the opposite wall.

Unfortunately the food didn't quite suit me (loaded with pasta and rice), though it was tasty. Now I'm suffering dry mouth from the carbs. I'll likely have insulin-induced nightmares tonight and wake up with two inches of cotton on my teeth and tongu tomorrow morning.

But it was worth it!

Have yourself a very merry Sunday.

Glowingly Yours,
Cam

P.S. The nuclear situation still sucks.

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: