2008/07/06

Cracking Themselves Up

One day while I was sitting alone outside on the porch with Shasta after she had returned from the pool we were chatting about something... I forget what exactly. And for some strange reason Monty Python came up in the discussion.

Shasta turned this sly eye on me with a half grin that I have seen her mother do in the exact same way and she said to me...

"My mom and dad are so funny. They often go into this own little world of their own and start spouting back and forth conversations from various Monty Python skits, especially "The Holy Grail". They get into the accent, and everything else, and then they end up cracking themselves up and laughing over their own jokes. It's funny to watch."

I can concur with this because the evening we had the curry, most likely as there was not enough meat in the dish we were hungry later in the evening (there were carrots, potatoes and such that we ate which compounds hunger later as these are carby vegetables). So, the three adults headed out to McDonalds for an evening feast on protein.

We purchased eight (8) quarter pounders for the three of us (four for me, two for Scott, two for Stephanie), took them home and devoured them at the kitchen table. On the way to McD's those two sitting in the front seat started singing, "Kam, Kam, Kam Kam.... " just like one of those Monty Python "Spam" songs. It was pretty funny watching them crack themselves up. They pulled out the bastardized version of that Monty Python accent and everything and just went on and on.

They must have been protein deficient at the time (as was I) because they weren't able to stop, nor control themselves as they spun out of control and got louder, more boisterous and funnier the nearer we approached the McDonald's drive through window.

Finally, as we sat enjoying the meat in their kitchen at one in the morning, they came down from their protein deprivation high, and started acting less like crazed python junkies and more like the civilized carnivores I know and love. The meat with the sauces tasted great and we only ate a fraction of the buns. That's the way to enjoy Rancid Ronny's when you need a quick meat fix and don't want all the bloating that usually goes along with the overall experience.

(The iced coffee was waaaay too sweet for all of us, and they blew it on the diet coke order, or so Scott and Stefnee think. I didn't have any so I can neither confirm, nor deny their claim; they are the diet coke pros, not I.)

This was just one more of many wonderful memories of my trip to Stefnee, Kansas. When my brain deems it appropriate to release some of these memories back into my conscious, I promise I shall share them with you.

In the meantime, enjoy some good protein and watch out for that cute little bunny over there!

I love you!

Cam Cam Cam Cam.....

No comments: