2008/07/09

Leaving its Mark

There's a funny feeling in one of my molars... it feels like I've been biting on a sliver of aluminum or something for two days. It comes at semi-regular intervals. Yesterday I thought I would go to the dentist and just get it checked out, but they were closed by the time I had strolled over there. So I lived with it... I haven't had tooth pain for .... a couple of decades I think... Maybe it's about time? My teeth really are quite tight together so it is entirely possible.

On the way back today from making an appointment (they were too busy to take me as a drop in...) I visited the post office, mailed some coines off to a woman on the blogs, and then came home.

I noted that the tree above Mayu's car was getting a little out of hand so I grabbed the scissors and reached up, then trimmed away what I could. The leaves are thick, waxy and a bit sharp and serrated around the edges.

Well, one of the branches fell and just lightly brushed against my face. And now... several hours later, it feels like.... like I have those tiny little cactus thorns, you know those kind that feel like peach fuzz... the kind that embeds itself into your upper lip when you bite into an unpeeled peach.... all stuck along my nose.

I tried washing it, soaping it up, even rubbing Lansinoh on it to see if the teeny little scratch and the ensuing itch or "fuzzies" would go away. But nothing happened.

So... I happened to be telling Stefnee about this and she told me that her Grandma used to use tape over the cacti thorns, or other things that got stuck in body parts to rip them out. I thought to myself, "this is a wonderful idea!"

So...

I gave it a try.

A few hours later it still feels like I have cacti peach fuzz in my nose... bleh...

I love you!

Cam

No comments: