2010/11/08

Travel Thought of the Day: WA

I have never been able to sit cross-legged with a straight back. My entire family is like this. Even after years of stretching exercises my hips just don't "release" so I get pain in them within about 15 seconds. It is very quick.

Stefnee mentioned something about working with very tall boys who grew extremely quickly as did I. She said that she recalled my inflexibility when she saw how inflexible her students were and thinks it might be related to bone development. It's not just a simple matter of more stretching as many believe. It's a different kindof pain . And the inflexibility is not only limited to the hips as I learned over the years. The shoulders, knees and ankles also have limited mobility in the joints.

Today it's busy in my feeding place so I get to sit in the "wa" section, or the Japanese atmosphere (read: on the floor in front of a very low table that I cannot get my legs under.) I have dripped soy sauce on so many zabuton (and pants) over the years simply because I have to bring the food to me and cannot lean over the table to eat it.

But that's my life and I love every aspect of it! Time to eat. Have a great day.

I love you!
Cam

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: