2008/06/28

Love, Tornado Style

Snacks... snogging... coffee all over my white shirt... whatnot... it was a fun afternoon making that video. And ... our primary video guy was Spencer! (and our chaperone, of course!!)

I love you!

Cam

P.S. Scooter, we saved the snacks for saturday morning so you can be off of pancake duty.... AND the kids can run around all day like sugared-up maniacs pelting us with water balloons and .. whatnots.

By the way... do you like chickory coffee? We are going to HAVE to brew that up and enjoy it (on video) with YOU, Stefnee, Simon, Silas, Spencer, Shasta, Toby, Mr. Skinny Winkles, Skippy John Jones, Lucy, Jackson and Sally ... OR.... Mander!

What? No rabbits? Oh... yeah... right... I ate Tubby & Terence the rabbits for lunch!

Today's Update:

We had a very late start today (well, not Scooter... he had an earlier start). Last night after we got back from Bunco about midnight, Stefnee started cutting out patterns for my sleep shorts.

Then it got really windy, and the rain started pounding down. Scooter was upstairs TRYING to sleep, and I ran out into the pouring rain and got myself nice and sopping wet turning up the windows. I didn't realize the car windows were way down. Scott came down, and said the car windows were down, so I went back out and closed them up (we opened them up first thing this morning to dry them out as best as possible - still open).

Scooter got Stefnee's Meditation Tapes and went back upstairs. I started drifting off on the chaise lounge as The Fabric Goddess stitched away.

Then suddenly she cocked her head... and ran to the front door saying, "are those the sirens?" And sure enough they were! The tornado sirens!

So immediately she pounded upstairs and got everyone up. They all came running down with blankets and pillows and we dashed into the basement and huddled ourselves far back into the basement away from glass, and stuff in case the tornado came our way.

Scooter brought down the laptop and we sat down there searching for news on the tornado siren warnings. In the end, they found a radio station that said McPherson had some electrical problems and the sirens were a result of that, and not a tornado.

It was amazing to see Momma Bear and Poppa Bear jump into action and all the little Baby Bears following along in perfect harmony, even though it was the middle of the night!

All was well, they sent the kids back up to bed, and life at 3am returned to normal.

Then at that time I think, I finally was able to get my YouTube Tornado video posted (it belched once in an electrical glitch). We used my computer and loaded it up to Stefnee's blog as well.

And as we were sitting in the chaise watching the video to see how it went.... we fell asleep and woke up about 3.30 or 4am or so with my neck killing me because my head was draped over the back of the chaise. Stefnee went off to bed and i went down to the basement cubbyhole to sleep.

So the day today started later than expected. The kids had cereal, and we cooked breakfast of bacon and eggs. Then the kids went off to the pool...

The kids went to the pool but the young uns were still too young to be let in so they came home. We took them back to the pool without towels (they neglected to inform us until we arrived that they had no towels...) and let them play around. A little later one of the lifeguards brought Simon back because he wasn't feeling well. So we brought him back home and set him up with movies and whatnot.

I was feeling a bit burned from the sun (yes, again) so had a nap. Stefnee worked hard on making me some sleep shorts out of the most awesome material. (I'll have to model them if anyone is interested in seeing her amazing skills in action! - Just let Stefnee know).

When I woke up, she was gone so Simon and I sat out on the porch and chatted a bit. Momma Bear came home with some V8 juice for Baby Bear, and now she is sewing again!

She started to get hungry so I pulled out some sandwich meat, added a half of a tomato and gave her some water... and all was well.

We are going out for dinner tonight for their anniversary (it was yesterday, but so was Bunco). I want to take just the two of them out so that they can have an adult night with me. In addition to that, I really want to give them a good time and show my love and appreciation for letting me be their kitchen elf, babysitter, launderer, vacuum cleanor, bedtime storyteller, cook, and all about playmate for the kids. I have been loving my week here as it is an absolutely FANTASTIC time!

Thanks so much, Scooter and Stefnee. I really really REALLY appreciate you letting me come to Stefnee, Kansas, and share your life with me. I will NEVER EVER forget this journey of being present, alive, aware and BEING!

I love you!!!!!

in..............................

out....................................

in.................................................................

out................................................................

(I'm hungry......)

No comments: