2010/05/06

Go West! Go Kyoto!

Hi there. Well we are taking a classic camcation... We decided to catch the Hikari Superexpress Shinkansen from Tokyo Stn @ 11:33. W got to Bakuro-cho and bought our tickets with 33 minutes to spare. Tokyo Stn was only a four minute ride on the Sobu Line so I figured we had plenty of time.... Little did I realize that the trains run infrequently at this time of the day!

We got to the platform thinking we would wait five minutes only to find out that the next train would not arrive until 11:18! Tokyo is a big station so upon our arrival we had to hoof it up about five log escalatored flights of stairs but we made it with three minutes to spare!

When we finally entered the train, Mia told me that Tokyo today at about 25C was like a very nice mid-summer day in Denmark and now she is thinking about wanting to go swimming!

We will arrive in Kyoto at 14:15. From there we will wend our way over to the Shimizu Ryokan where we will stay for two nights. Mia is excited as it will be the first time ever for her to sleep on the floor.

In the afternoon we will try to visit some places on our own and then get to the Gion District (famous for Geisha in the olden days) to walk around in the evening, have dinner and drink a bottle of wine.

Tomorrow is a morning bus tour of Kyoto and an afternoon visit to Nara, the ancient capital of Japan. I wonder if this year tours to Nara will be different? Apparently Nara is having a year long festival this year that they have only once every 1300 years... Since we are only there for an afternoon it might be difficult but we will see...

Mia is in a skirt, bare legs and a t-shirt but she keeps wiping her forehead and neck because the train seems unbearably hot... I am training myself to wear pants in the summer so I have my jeans on. And Im used to my crotch always being wet from sweating at the office so I dont mind so much. We just passed by a great view of Mt Fuji with lots of snow on top but as I was engrossed in thumbing this blog I did not take a photo.

Shikata ga nai!

Have a great Thursday.

I love you!
Cam

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: