2010/05/17

A Nice Way To Travel

Since I don't seem to have much opportunity to get into the sun with my new lifestyle, I've decided to catch some rays wherever and however can. So today, instead of dressing in my work clothes and carrying my usual heavy black bag to the trains in Shinjuku I decided to go in shorts and a t-shirt. I would rather get all sweaty in my t-shirt and change at Kobuchizawa station than arrive all sweaty and have to work like that into the evening. I sweat enough at work as it is so not having a dripping wet shirt from carrying my pack will make a big difference.

Plus, as I rolled in this blog with the title on sunshine, it allows me to come here a little bit early, grab my lunch and sit in the sun for 30 minutes. I think next month we start with cool biz which means we don't have to wear neckties until October. I am looking forward to that for sure!
On the way out of the station and down the stairs I helped a really good looking Peruvian/Japanese guy who was cartoing tons of jewellery on a trolly to set up and sell. We exchanged small talk and went about our day. As I was typing this a young third year university fellow in a suit came up and started chatting me in English. He's out looking for work so that next year when he graduates he will have a chance. That's how they do it here... start interviewing a year ahead of time. We chatted a bit as I sipped my ice coffee and I wished him all the success in his drive to start the next phase of his life.

And now I guess it is time to head down into the depths of the earth to catch my train to work.

Have a great rest of youlr day!

I love you!!
Cam

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: