2010/06/19

River Runs Through It

I'm just sitting by the dock of the river...
watching the skiiers roll on by...

It's another interesting rainy season day; there is no rain but the humidity is so high and the temps are up there that it feels like living in a jungle, or a swamp. The sky is overcast and it is supposd to rain but it's holding off. I just finished chatting with one of the old guys sitting here fishing... just chatting about this and that.

The river is a lot lower than last week, about three feet or so lower. So I can see things I couldn't see in the water last weekend: like three discarded scooters and a bunch of other stuff including the old remains of a pier going out into the water.

I snoozed as best as one can snooze perched on a narrow, bumpy concrete ledge the perfect width to suntan on but not to roll over on. It's just kind of a nice way to spend the afternoon on the weekend, sitting here alone with my thoughts... relaxing and bleeding off the megalopolis stresses of constant sounds, stuff, and people. It builds and if you aren't aware of it, and don't find a healthy way to bleed it off ... strange things can happen. And lots of strange things do happen here in Tokyo.

Oh! One of the old river shrimp-catching guys left so I think I'll move over to the wider space.... Wow! I just realized that in the two and a half hours Ive been here the river has gotten noticeably shallower as it goes out into Tokyo Bat! That is a surprise to actually see the river go down!

Have a great weekend.

I love you!
Cam

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: