2010/10/05

"Sweet" Dreams

Since I have been consuming a very low amount of carbohydrates for the past ten years along wit supplementing with YES supplement's correct blend of parent essential oils (Essentia Fatty Acids or EFAs) my body has become quite sensitive to the insulin spike that goes with the body trying to deal with sugars (Carbs).

I have done so much experimenting with foods and my body's response that I pretty much know what will happen when I consume certain kinds of carbs.

Take this one beer that I am pointing at for example. Beer is very high carb... the equivalent of eight tsp of sugar. Did you know your blood sugar is regulated strictly at about ONE tsp for the entire 4L of blood? Yep. Anything above that and you can die so the body protects you by pumping out insulin to remove the sugar before it enters the blood. How? It turns it to bodyfat. It makes you fat to save your life.

Now, after 10years I can drink very little beer compared to the earlier years. In most cases I simply dont want it. But if I DO drink it, it affects my mood by making me snarky. It affects my motor skills (one SMALL glass!), I get very dehydrated, my sleep is disrupted, I have bizarre insulin dreams and I wake up the next morning with cotton mouth.

Eating pasta has a completely different effect on me. Rice is again entirely different, and so on.

Did you ever stop to realize that food is actually a VERY powerful "hormone" that affects your body in a myriad of ways? Most people dont even realize that their moods are directly connected to the foods they eat. Go to Starbucks and watch a pair of calm, happy children consume a frappuccino and you will see exactly what I am saying. It happens to you and to me, too.

So the next time you are feeling irritated, sarcastic and grouchy just take a minute to step out of yourself and view you from a third person perspective. The chances are high that its not your partner, kids, friends who did something to piss you off, but rather your very own mood shift due to the carbohydrates you recently consumed.

I can say that I know for certain Stefnee and Jenny react this way on carbs, as do I. Check yourself and what you eat; you might just get a rude self-awakening.

Time to go home to weird dreams... Im having trouble typing already.

I love you!

Cam

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: