2010/10/18

A New Head Condom... with Taste!

This morning I left home for Shinjuku an hour earlier than usual. I went to the bike shop I fell in love with and returned the mudguards I had purchased for my folding bike. The tires I have on it are bigger than standard so the guards don't fit. I don't really want to pay for another pair of tires just for the guards to fit so I guess that bike will be for non-rainy day rides.

Then I headed over to another very cool cycling shop which is full of even cooler stuff but not for hardcore bikers. It does have really technical clothing as the main fare. In fact they also sell cyclocommuter business suits which are made of special material for cycling and sweating, have hidden zippers for ventilation and reflective tape in foldaway places. And of course designed for the Japanese bodysize so not for me.

The reason I went back was because I decided on Saturday when I saw it that I really do want another helmet, one I can wear with jeans and a sweater as I toodle around the city. I'll stick to the lycra and colourful jerseys while riding with Max and sweating up a storm. But as for this city life... it's time for some more change and that includes what I wear when I ride. As I have been reinventing myself on all fronts over the past two years, inside and outside are equally important to redesign. So it is just natural that my cycling attire too would undergo a fundamental shift as well.

I introduce you to my new, fully functional and totally safe helmet, a design coming from the French Foreign Legion or something! I love it. And I love that I can change the outer design to about 30 other varieties whenever I feel like doing so.

I love you!
Cam

Posted via email from Thoughts From The Big Rice Bowl

No comments: