2008/05/13

Dreamscape: Torn Apart Together (4) [Waking Up]

And now, two hours after waking from this dream to find myself writing characters on a "gossamer blackboard" in the air for Carrie's kids, in what would apparently be one of many "travelling lessons" from me to many children and adults alike, the dream fades from my mind as the spring birds continue their unbelievably LOUD cacophony that awakens me every morning about 3:30am as they themselves awaken with the rising of the sun.

Oh the joys of paper-thin walls and single-paned glass windows where you can hear the neighbour flush their toilet, or the baby crying in the night... and they can hear you ranting and mumbling in your sleep!

I guess it is time to get up and get the morning rituals started, and stretch out the kinks in my neck that have formed from sitting propped up in bed, scribbling this dreamscape into my bedside journal on my knee. The last time I remembered my dreams enough to write in my Dream Journal was ... *flipping back to previous writing* ... "The Reunion" back in February 1998. I was still eating tons of carbohydrates back then and was having a ton of these kinds of very "memorable" dreams. 1998 was when I first began experimenting with carb-cutting, and I am so glad I did!

Yesterday I took my BCAAs during my pilates after an hour of mountain biking and I knew that I would awaken from bizarre dreams, with cotton mouth (yep) and an extreme, deep-set feeling of "I'm so hungry I could puke" (yep) feeling that has come on without fail every time I have ever carb-loaded "for energy" at meals. I know now beyond the shadow of a doubt that all of the weird side-effects from carbohydrates are not from the sugars themselves, but from the primary cause: insulin. I experience the exact same side effects with the BCAAs and low-carb meals, so that has to be it!

I am so damn hungry right now that I could eat a Cthulu monster!

Have a wonderful day! After transcribing this nine page manuscript onto the computer I think I'll go for a ride on my low-tech bicycle and see what nature has in store for me today. And to hell with this cold that has me still achy in the joints (but finally recovering after five days, an extremely rare event these past 10 years since I started on EFAs...)

I learned when I had my triple herniated disc pain and could barely walk for a year that there is pain and discomfort that "has value", and there is that which does not. Sitting in the house feeling sick and miserable is "no value suffering". Since we always get better as these things run their natural course, why not have some enjoyment during the pain or suffering and make the best of it so that time turns from a waste, to "valuable time"? That's what I believe!

Ow! Crap! Cooler morning... humidity... Calf cramp!!!!

This ends the final installment that I wrote in my Dream Journal on May 10th, 2008.

I love you!

P.S. No yo-yos were used as weapons in this dream.

No comments: