2008/05/28

V is for Voice

The past two days of cycling have been extremely interesting. I have been working on being "present" with myself, mindful of the present situation, mindful of my breath, and aware of everything around me. And it's working; I am able to decrease, and eventually eliminate the meaningless and stressful spinning that my mind and the neuroreceptors have hard-wired to the pedal cadence, making cycling .... difficult over the past few years.

Monday, the ride was 50 minutes of talking to myself about being aware of everything that came into my sight. It was interesting.

Tuesday, I tried again, but instead of that, had some very interesting dialogues with myself. I have often wished (and Max has often said) that it would be great to have a recorder along with us so that we can record our conversations.

Well, today I looked through a variety of IC recorders that are on the market and purchased the Olympus V-51 Voice-Trek Dictaphone... toy so I can do just that!

Once it comes, I'll be out on rides, walking and just talking away in a productive way to myself. Then I can come home, and download it to the computer, convert it to mp3 and upload it as camcasts just for YOU!

Imagine that not only will you get to read me, see stills of me, and watch me live... but now you'll be able to LISTEN to me, too! Isn't that just THE most fantastic thing you've ever ever thought of? I KNOW it is!

The Voice-Trek V-51 is available in white and comes with 1GB of internal memory, whereas the V-61 comes wrapped in a black casing and doubles the memory, putting two gigs of storage at your disposal. Both units support MP3 and WMA files, pack USB 2.0 connectivity, measure 94.8 x 38.6 x 11mm, and weigh 47 grams.

When you shift it over to LP (long play) mode, the V-51 is capable of recording up to 277 hours and 35 minutes of audio, whereas the V-61 pushes that to an incredible 555 hours and 45 minutes.

Cost: JPY 11,200 + optional JPY 560 for 5year warranty - points = JPY 11,700 or roughly ($117).

So there you have it. Look out BlogWorld, here comes Captain CamCast!

I love you!

Cam

P.S. I thought I could use that stupid stick camera recorder that I wasted a huge amount of money on due to the format that they record in (microsloth proprietary crap) It also works as just a sound recorder, but the stupid thing records in asf format for both audio and video which is nearly impossible to convert to anything that can be used outside of windows media player simply because Microsoft has sued everyone who developed and put the codecs and converters for it into their software!

P.P.S. I only hope it doesn't pick up the wind only and drop my voice.... I'd hate to have another piece of useless technojunk sitting in my drawer along with all the other failed attempts (lessons!) at trying out new technology.

No comments: