2008/05/15

I Heart New Jersey!

A funny thing happened on the way to the website...

I have run out of jerseys and have only one left for regular use, and one for very hot weather.

So, thinking I might be able to get something cheap on Yahoo! Auctions (Japan), I searched, and THIS jumped out at me!!

I decided that I just HAD to have it. And the price was great too (if I could get it for around the starting price...)!

Normally new jerseys go for JPY 4,000 -8,000 ($40-80) over here. Companies that make jerseys for advertising often use cheaper, less technical material so in the end this jersey will likely not be fantastic material, but that's OK. The fact that it has my name on it is just too cool to pass up!

Cameron is an "energy-related company" that produces oil and gas pressure-control equipment so it's rather interesting to have a jersey with their/my name on it. Corporate HQ are located in Houston, TX.... hmmmm, very interesting indeed. Maybe if I'm ever back in that neck of the woods I can pop in on them with my jersey bought on an auction in Japan and blow their minds... Maybe they'll hire me to be their oily PR monkey! How exciting!

The seller of this jersey (looks like a store as they have lots of other stuff for sale as well), wanted JPY 7,900, but I got it for JPY 2,100. It started the bid at JPY 1,000 and some bugger bid it up. Well, I put in my max bid at JPY 2,100 and there it stayed!

I also am hoping to get a pair of LEVI 501 32" Waist jeans from them. The leg length only comes to just about my knees (are these Japanese midgets or what?!), but my intention is to cut them off and make a ragged pair of cut off jean shorts. But this is only IF I can get them for my initial bid of JPY 1,000 ($10). I have no interest in bidding higher for them. If I get them, great, if not, no big deal. This would just be a bonus for the seller (so I asked them if they would end the auction early... we will see if they will, or if they are greedy and want more money for them).

Anyway, just one more thing out there in the world with my name on it.

I heart new jersey!

Have a nice day.

I love you!

Cameron

No comments: